Friday 4 July 2014

Golding Wines

I discovered Golding wines on a cold and wet Friday in July and I am jolly glad I did. It's a very hospitable and comfortable cellar door, which can keep you entertained and out of the rain for as long as you want it to.

The winery is located up in the picturesque Lobethal area of the Adelaide Hills. Founded in 2002 it's a relatively new player in the SA wine market. They have three ranges: The Market, The Single Vineyard and Portrait Series, all reasonably priced and available to try at the cellar door.

We found Golding Wines to be most excellently set up for families meaning you can enjoy a peaceful and informative tasting session- not an easy combination in the Hills with kids! My husband and I were hosted by Jared at the bar, whilst my elder son happily made his way through the extensive basket full of toys, playing safely right by us. If you require them they have very nice baby changing facilities.


My favourite of the wines was the sparkling, The Last Hurrah, a Pinot Noir Chardonnay blend, which in my opinion would be a welcome addition to any party. I also particularly enjoyed The East End which was a light Provençal style Rose.

Golding Wines is growing in popularity as a wedding venue, offering a lovely function room which extends on to a courtyard overlooking the vines.

On a gloomy day like we visited their lovely log fire is most inviting. If you are spending the day tasting in the Adelaide Hills then Golding Wines is a must do stop for the family.


52 Western Branch Road, Lobethal, SA 5241
www.goldingwines.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment